Shadow is our lesser-known, not necessarily bad, part of ourselves. Every quality has a light and a shadow side. Like every coin has two sides. The modern world often celebrates certain qualities, completely forgetting that too much of it can cause trouble. For example, -A person is recognised as persistent in pursuing his dreams, but where is the line between persistence and stubbornness?
- Mom takes care of her child, but too much of it can easily spill over and become controlling behaviour. - A person has principles in life, but blind following the principles without considering the situation turns into rigidity.
The ability to see which side we are showing is an art that we gain with the knowledge of ourselves.
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life, and you will call it fate.” Carl Jung
Answer these questions to get on a journey of knowing your shadow:
- What are you most afraid of? Can you achieve your goals without facing your fears? ( For example, if you are afraid of failure, can you reach success without ever failing?
- What do you hide from others? Are you acknowledging this side of you?
- What annoys you in other people? Can you see these traits in you?
- Analyse your repeating negative patterns. How are you contributing to them happing in your life? If you would like to explore more, why not schedule a free exploration session with me.